help: pine nntp-server..how do i have more than one? - Help

This is a discussion on help: pine nntp-server..how do i have more than one? - Help ; how do i configure pine so that i can have multiple news group servers, please? thanks, javac at mail dot com...

  1. help: pine nntp-server..how do i have more than one?

    how do i configure pine so that i can have multiple news group servers, please?

    thanks,

    javac at mail dot com

  2. Re: help: pine nntp-server..how do i have more than one?

    javac@mail.com (javac) wrote in message news:<64d923a9.0407042355.6669192b@posting.google.com>...
    > how do i configure pine so that i can have multiple news group servers, please?

    You can add one server to the nntp-server variable. Further servers
    should be added as follows:

    Press M S L A and enter the following information:

    Nickname : Anything you like
    Server : news.server.com/nntp
    View :

    Do this for each server you want to add, also you may be interested in
    enabling:

    [X] enable-multiple-newsrcs
    [ ] predict-nntp-server

    --
    Eduardo
    http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

  3. Re: help: pine nntp-server..how do i have more than one?

    chappa@math.washington.edu (Eduardo Chappa) wrote in message news:<6d08d83.0407061311.17f9bee4@posting.google.com>...
    > javac@mail.com (javac) wrote in message news:<64d923a9.0407042355.6669192b@posting.google.com>...
    > > how do i configure pine so that i can have multiple news group servers, please?

    > You can add one server to the nntp-server variable. Further servers
    > should be added as follows:
    >
    > Press M S L A and enter the following information:
    >

    > Nickname : Anything you like
    > Server : news.server.com/nntp
    > View :
    >

    > Do this for each server you want to add, also you may be interested in
    > enabling:
    >
    > [X] enable-multiple-newsrcs
    > [ ] predict-nntp-server

    excellent! thanks.

    on a pine-tangent, can't set up pine to read my e-mail. i use company
    "foo" so i've entered (as per their website) foomail in the smtp
    field, but i'm sure i need to enter more info. for instance, how do i
    let "foo" know which e-mail address i want? and, how do i
    authenticate myself (login)?

    right now i can access newsgroups fine, including foo's groups, so i
    know pine is working.

    BTW, i use a cable-modem so no doubt they know they know where i'm
    connecting from. to use their webmail, of course, i must use a
    password.

    thanks,

    javac at mail dot com

  4. Re: help: pine nntp-server..how do i have more than one?

    On 7 Jul 2004 00:02:25 -0700, javac@mail.com (javac) wrote:

    >for instance, how do i
    >let "foo" know which e-mail address i want? and, how do i
    >authenticate myself (login)?

    The headers, including the email address are entered by pine. Google
    gives this link, http://support.aznet.net/faqs/pine-smtp-auth.shtml
    for setting up SMTP authorization.

    --
    Joe Zeff