Can't unsubscribe newsgroup from pan - Help

This is a discussion on Can't unsubscribe newsgroup from pan - Help ; I recently changed from Mandrake 9.0 to SUSE 9.1. One interesting problem I have is that I carried over my pan files. Under newsgroups in pan, I subscribed to alt.os.linux.mandrake. Now I no longer want to subscribe to that newsgroup. ...

  1. Can't unsubscribe newsgroup from pan

    I recently changed from Mandrake 9.0 to SUSE 9.1. One interesting problem
    I have is that I carried over my pan files. Under newsgroups in pan, I
    subscribed to alt.os.linux.mandrake. Now I no longer want to subscribe
    to that newsgroup. However, pan will not let me unsubscribe. If I do
    select the group, then unsubscribe, the little icon next to the group
    disappears. If I select the button to show all groups, or folders, or
    something else, then come back and display the subscribed groups, the
    mandrake group is no longer there. But when I exit pan, then restart it,
    the mandrake group is back and subscribed. I have even tried deleting the
    group, and removing it from my newsrc file. It still comes back. Any
    ideas why?

    Also, pan will not work at all if I select more than one connection with
    the newsgroup. With Mandrake, I had it set to three connections.

    Thanks for any help. As I said, I am currently running SUSE 9.1 on an AMD
    K6-II (boy is KDE slooooow with this, so I am now using windowmaker).

  2. Re: Can't unsubscribe newsgroup from pan

    Bill wrote:

    > However,*pan*will*not*let*me*unsubscribe.

    ..... sounds like shades of "Christine"
    ..
    Stop searching forever. Happiness is unattainable.

+ Reply to Thread