Networking a printer - Help

This is a discussion on Networking a printer - Help ; I have a dual boot (Win98/RH9) system and have recently added a router to allow my roommate to use my ADSL connection and printer. I have it working in Winderz. How do I set things up so that he can ...

  1. Networking a printer

    I have a dual boot (Win98/RH9) system and have recently added a router
    to allow my roommate to use my ADSL connection and printer. I have it
    working in Winderz. How do I set things up so that he can reach it
    when I'm in Linux?

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  2. Re: Networking a printer

    Joe Zeff wrote in message news:...
    > I have a dual boot (Win98/RH9) system and have recently added a router
    > to allow my roommate to use my ADSL connection and printer. I have it
    > working in Winderz. How do I set things up so that he can reach it
    > when I'm in Linux?

    If you want to share a printer from your Linux box with another Linux
    box, just use CUPS.

    If you want to share a printer from your Linux box with a Windows box,
    use CUPS and Samba.

+ Reply to Thread