I broke my Fedora!!!!! - Help

This is a discussion on I broke my Fedora!!!!! - Help ; Hi I was using up2date to update the programs it suggest i do. Unfortunately, I got an error during the installation portion up update. It said something about the RPMs not working. It also shut down any further installation. I ...

  1. I broke my Fedora!!!!!

    Hi I was using up2date to update the programs it suggest i do.
    Unfortunately, I got an error during the installation portion up
    update. It said something about the RPMs not working. It also shut
    down any further installation. I think like half of the updates were
    installed.

    Anyways now when I try to boot it does not start X at all. All my
    files are still there but i keep getting strange errors like
    Not starting X something loaded to fast
    i8235 count too high now resetting
    can't find some library

    What I want to do is restore my system to what it was like before the
    update. How do I do this? Please help and try not to use too much
    jargon. I'm new and have bit off more than I can chew.

    Rupi

  2. Re: I broke my Fedora!!!!!

    Rupi sat down at the computer and pounded the following into the keyboard:

    > Anyways now when I try to boot it does not start X at all. All my files
    > are still there but i keep getting strange errors like Not starting X
    > something loaded to fast i8235 count too high now resetting
    > can't find some library
    >
    > What I want to do is restore my system to what it was like before the
    > update. How do I do this? Please help and try not to use too much
    > jargon. I'm new and have bit off more than I can chew.

    My advice would be to tell us exactly what's wrong, instead of saying that
    you're getting errors like "can't find some library."

    What you've posted is equivilent to posting that I was messing with my
    car's engine, and now it won't start. Mind telling me how to fix it?

    --
    \\\\\ ----> hedgie@hedgie.com <----
    \\\\\\\__o Bringing hedgehogs to the common folk since 1994.

    Visit http://www.hedgie.com for information on my latest book,
    "Waiting for War," published by Aventine Press!

+ Reply to Thread