configuring HP printers - Help

This is a discussion on configuring HP printers - Help ; Hello groups even though i posted this before since i didnt get any answer i am posting it again. I need to configure a HP laserjet series II printer in redhat linux 8.0.I have added this printer but it is ...

  1. configuring HP printers

    Hello groups even though i posted this before since i didnt get any
    answer i am posting it again.
    I need to configure a HP laserjet series II printer in
    redhat linux 8.0.I have added this printer but it is not working may i
    dont know what the problem is.can u give out a solution to me
    bye

  2. Re: configuring HP printers

    Greetings to you!

    In article <9949848f.0405210824.6c07a8a9@posting.google.com>,
    srinivas wrote:

    >Hello groups even though i posted this before since i didnt get any
    >answer i am posting it again.
    > I need to configure a HP laserjet series II printer in
    >redhat linux 8.0.I have added this printer but it is not working may i
    >dont know what the problem is.can u give out a solution to me

    I don't know much about what specific printer setting up capability
    may be in RedHat Linux 8.0 However, I can give you a web page that should
    help.

    Check out: http://www.linuxprinting.org/

    Click on database.

    Click on printer listing.

    On the Show, click on the first field (the arrow) and choose HP, and
    then, click on the second field's arrow, and choose your model. Based on
    what you have above, I guess "Laserjet 2".

    Click show.

    If your printer is specifically, the Laserjet 2, then it says it
    works perfectly, so that's good news! :-)

    HP recently gave Linux (UNIX) a driver, because, with the advent of
    CUPS, they could work on a driver that was common to all UNIX systems.

    If your printer is something other than Laserjet 2 (as there are
    Laserjet 2 w/ PS and other possibilities), just select that, and click
    show. It should help you determine exactly what you need to do.

    I tend to believe that, as of RedHat 8, it *may* have been able to
    support your printer, but a more recent driver has been done (and possibly
    by HP), so I tend to think that this would be the best way to go.

    Good luck!

    Barry
    --
    Barry L. Bond | http://home.cfl.rr.com/os9barry/
    bbond@cfl.rr.com <- personal | (My personal home web page, last

  3. Re: configuring HP printers

    srinivas_541@yahoo.co.in (srinivas) wrote in message news:<9949848f.0405210824.6c07a8a9@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello groups even though i posted this before since i didnt get any
    > answer i am posting it again.
    > I need to configure a HP laserjet series II printer in
    > redhat linux 8.0.I have added this printer but it is not working may i
    > dont know what the problem is.can u give out a solution to me
    > bye

    1. start CUPS
    2. go to web interface
    3. click "add printer"
    4. follow prompts
    5. Click "print test page"

    If something fails, check error message in the web interface. Also
    check logs. Use on-line manual.

  4. Re: configuring HP printers

    Hi,

    you can also find help at the following liks
    http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HO.../printers.html

    best of luck !
    shibu
    itmission.org