I seem to have some unfriendly programs that forget to clear their /tmp
directory files, and they have accumulated. I am now out of space on that
partition. (I can see that files downloaded with Galeon are there,
attachments from Evolution are there, and lots of KDE 3.2 stuff, even some
Wine stuff as well as some unidentifiable files!)

Q: Is it OK to perform a rm -fr /tmp in either the startup or shutdown
script?
Q: Which script is better suited or more proper: Startup or Shutdown?
Q: Is there a different or preferred method such as using a cron job?

Thanks!