help with integrated modem - Help

This is a discussion on help with integrated modem - Help ; Hi, I have been using the Linuxant drivers on Dell Inspiron 8600 for Red Hat 9. They were working just fine, until they expired. It seems one needs to buy these drivers for further use. Does anyone know of any ...

  1. help with integrated modem

    Hi,
    I have been using the Linuxant drivers on Dell Inspiron 8600 for Red
    Hat 9. They were working just fine, until they expired. It seems one
    needs to buy these drivers for further use. Does anyone know of any
    other drivers?

    TECH SPECS

    IntelŪ PentiumŪ M processor 1.4 with on-die 1MB cache (L2)
    32 KB internal cache (L1)
    400MHz front side BUS
    IntelŪ 855PM Chipset
    256 MB of 333MHz DDR SDRAM
    Integrated v.92 56K capable modem
    Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
    60 GB Ultra ATA hard drive

    thanx!

  2. Re: help with integrated modem

    jtalel@qhubonet.net.co (Talel Jomaa) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have been using the Linuxant drivers on Dell Inspiron 8600 for Red
    > Hat 9. They were working just fine, until they expired. It seems one
    > needs to buy these drivers for further use. Does anyone know of any
    > other drivers?

    Nice of you to say which modem it is, but I guess if the Linuxant
    drivers work then your best bet is to buy those ones!

  3. Re: help with integrated modem

    Mattias Honrendgard wrote:
    > jtalel@qhubonet.net.co (Talel Jomaa) wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>I have been using the Linuxant drivers on Dell Inspiron 8600 for Red
    >>Hat 9. They were working just fine, until they expired. It seems one
    >>needs to buy these drivers for further use. Does anyone know of any
    >>other drivers?

    > Nice of you to say which modem it is, but I guess if the Linuxant
    > drivers work then your best bet is to buy those ones!

    Nope, he should put the money towards a real modem. I bought the
    Linuxant drivers, and they work fine (with the original Mandrake kernel
    anyway -- I haven't managed to get it working with 2.6.6 yet but it's
    probably something silly that I have done). But the activation code is
    tied to the motherboard, so if you have to upgrade that, or you want to
    put your modem in another machine, you need to buy it again. Get a real
    modem, you're free to unplug it, put it in another machine, whatever.

    Frank

+ Reply to Thread