auto script in init 1 - Help

This is a discussion on auto script in init 1 - Help ; Hi, I want to run a bash script automatically whenever I boot to Run Level 1. Also I will have a 10 second sleep statement in the script near the start and i want to be able to Ctrl-C out ...

  1. auto script in init 1

    Hi,
    I want to run a bash script automatically whenever
    I boot to Run Level 1. Also I will have a 10 second
    sleep statement in the script near the start and i
    want to be able to Ctrl-C out of it at my discretion
    thereby preventing the rest of it from running. It
    needs to run as the very last thing before the Run
    Level 1 prompt. Where do i put the call to my
    script?
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: auto script in init 1

    Eric wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > I want to run a bash script automatically whenever
    > I boot to Run Level 1. Also I will have a 10 second
    > sleep statement in the script near the start and i
    > want to be able to Ctrl-C out of it at my discretion
    > thereby preventing the rest of it from running. It
    > needs to run as the very last thing before the Run
    > Level 1 prompt. Where do i put the call to my
    > script?
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    look in /etc/rc.d/rc.K

    If you're not using Slackware then you'll have to check your inittab.

+ Reply to Thread