NEw Lindows user -KERNEL PANIC! - Help

This is a discussion on NEw Lindows user -KERNEL PANIC! - Help ; I am new to Linux/Lindows/Linspire, and I've recently purchased the Seagate 7200 Barracuda HD with Lindows pre-installed. My system (that I'm trying to up-grade, btw): Tekram P6B40-A4X Motherboard, Pentium II 350mhz Award Bios and Intel 440BX chipset 160MB of ...

  1. NEw Lindows user -KERNEL PANIC!

    I am new to Linux/Lindows/Linspire, and I've recently purchased the
    Seagate 7200 Barracuda HD with Lindows pre-installed.
    My system (that I'm trying to up-grade, btw):
    Tekram P6B40-A4X Motherboard, Pentium II 350mhz
    Award Bios and Intel 440BX chipset
    160MB of RAM.
    Promise Ultra100 ATA/100 IDE controller/adapter board w/80 cond. 40
    pin cable.
    On boot-up, the Lindows screen hangs. I chose the "Diagnostics"
    option, and after a few seconds of "diagnosing" it stops with the
    message: "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:03". Just
    before that, the Partition message displays
    "dev/ide/host2/bus1/target0/lun0: p1 p2 p3" for what it's worth. I'm
    really stuck at this point - can anyone please give me a clue!?

  2. Re: NEw Lindows user -KERNEL PANIC!

    Yes, using a disk that had it's OS installed while in another system (other
    than the one it's going into now) will cause that. You'll need to wipe it
    and re-install with the drive in your system.

    "twoster" wrote in message
    news:7f431a36.0405130710.4e8172be@posting.google.c om...
    > I am new to Linux/Lindows/Linspire, and I've recently purchased the
    > Seagate 7200 Barracuda HD with Lindows pre-installed.
    > My system (that I'm trying to up-grade, btw):
    > Tekram P6B40-A4X Motherboard, Pentium II - 350mhz
    > Award Bios and Intel 440BX chipset
    > 160MB of RAM.
    > Promise Ultra100 ATA/100 IDE controller/adapter board w/80 cond. 40
    > pin cable.
    > On boot-up, the Lindows screen hangs. I chose the "Diagnostics"
    > option, and after a few seconds of "diagnosing" it stops with the
    > message: "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:03". Just
    > before that, the Partition message displays
    > "dev/ide/host2/bus1/target0/lun0: p1 p2 p3" for what it's worth. I'm
    > really stuck at this point - can anyone please give me a clue!?

+ Reply to Thread