Setting background colours on terminal & mysql client - Help

This is a discussion on Setting background colours on terminal & mysql client - Help ; Hello! I use various mysql databases, one per host. I connect using the mysql client through gnome-terminal. To help remind myself which database is which it would be useful to set the background colour automatically when I connect to host ...

  1. Setting background colours on terminal & mysql client

    Hello!
    I use various mysql databases, one per host. I connect using the mysql
    client through gnome-terminal. To help remind myself which database is
    which it would be useful to set the background colour automatically
    when I connect to host x, y or z.

    eg. I see would see orange for x, blue for y, green for z etc

    Is there a way to do it? Thanks!

  2. Re: Setting background colours on terminal & mysql client

    megazoid@hotmail.com ([ice]) wrote in message news:<337b0759.0405130124.1f679268@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello!
    > I use various mysql databases, one per host. I connect using the mysql
    > client through gnome-terminal. To help remind myself which database is
    > which it would be useful to set the background colour automatically
    > when I connect to host x, y or z.
    >
    > eg. I see would see orange for x, blue for y, green for z etc
    >
    > Is there a way to do it? Thanks!

    You could just set the background colour for each profile as you'd
    like it, then just open gnome-terminal with the --window-with-profile
    option, like it says in the manual.

    If you have an older version of gnome-terminal you'll have to use the
    --background and --foreground options instead.

+ Reply to Thread