[BitchX] Highlight those who type my nickname? - Help

This is a discussion on [BitchX] Highlight those who type my nickname? - Help ; On my slackware 9.1 linux box, $USER is curt, and I run BitchX-1.1-final. I Read the documentation, and understand that when someone types my nickname, they should be highlighted, so that I know right away who's talking to me, however, ...

  1. [BitchX] Highlight those who type my nickname?

    On my slackware 9.1 linux box, $USER is curt, and I run BitchX-1.1-final. I
    Read the documentation, and understand that when someone types my nickname,
    they should be highlighted, so that I know right away who's talking to me,
    however, that never happens, unless I switch my nickname to curt. It seems
    like BitchX only highlights my linux username, and not my nickname.

    I tried rtfm/stfw, but nothing came up. I tried changing $USER to my desired
    nickname before running BitchX in a wrapper script, but that didn't work.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Naota
    --
    naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove 'S P A M')

  2. Re: [BitchX] Highlight those who type my nickname?

    On 2004-05-12, Naota Hashimoto wrote:
    > On my slackware 9.1 linux box, $USER is curt, and I run BitchX-1.1-final. I
    > Read the documentation, and understand that when someone types my nickname,
    > they should be highlighted, so that I know right away who's talking to me,
    > however, that never happens, unless I switch my nickname to curt. It seems
    > like BitchX only highlights my linux username, and not my nickname.
    >
    > I tried rtfm/stfw, but nothing came up. I tried changing $USER to my desired
    > nickname before running BitchX in a wrapper script, but that didn't work.

    I just solved this . In ~/.BitchX/BitchX.sav, I found this line:

    SET AUTO_RESPONSE_STR curt.

    I changed curt to my preferred nickname, and now it highlights as it should.
    --
    naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove 'S P A M')

+ Reply to Thread