How to change Scren resolution in Red Hat Linux - Help

This is a discussion on How to change Scren resolution in Red Hat Linux - Help ; I have recently installed Red Hat Linux 9 and selected Screen Resolution to be 800x680. How can i change it?...

  1. How to change Scren resolution in Red Hat Linux

    I have recently installed Red Hat Linux 9 and selected Screen
    Resolution to be 800x680. How can i change it?

  2. Re: How to change Scren resolution in Red Hat Linux

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.]
    Ansab Ali enlightened us with:
    > I have recently installed Red Hat Linux 9 and selected Screen
    > Resolution to be 800x680. How can i change it?

    http://www.google.com/search?q=linux...n%20resolution

    Sybren

  3. Re: How to change Scren resolution in Red Hat Linux

    Ansab Ali wrote:
    > I have recently installed Red Hat Linux 9 and selected Screen
    > Resolution to be 800x680. How can i change it?

    Click on the start here icon, then system settings. Make whatever
    changes you want. Log out to recycle.

  4. Re: How to change Scren resolution in Red Hat Linux

    Dear Ansab:
    You might find that resolutions you know to be supported by your driver
    do not show up in the GUI menu for screen resolutions. If that is so, you
    can edit /etc/X11/XF86Config. Near the end of that file are a list of the
    supported modes such as "800x600". You add a mode or two to that string if
    it doesnt show up in the Start menu.

    The caveat is that the modes you use *must* be supported by your video
    display. They cannot be modes the display cannot scan. There is a prevalent
    rumor that it is *possible* to damage a monitor if a screen resolution not
    supported by the video card and monitor is set.

    Charles

+ Reply to Thread