usb flash drive Cigar Pro 128MB - Help

This is a discussion on usb flash drive Cigar Pro 128MB - Help ; Hi I am trying to use USB flash drive from Cigar Pro 128MB. But for some reason its not working on fedora core 1 (seems to be some driver problem) though Cigar Pro 64MB works fine. Did anybody have same ...

  1. usb flash drive Cigar Pro 128MB

    Hi

    I am trying to use USB flash drive from Cigar Pro 128MB. But for some reason
    its not working on fedora core 1 (seems to be some driver problem) though
    Cigar Pro 64MB works fine. Did anybody have same problem? Is there a fix
    as how it can be fixed? I am attaching information from my usbview, i find
    it strange to see "Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 8" !!!! i think it should
    be something like "Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 128".

    Anil

    Here is the output from my usbview

    USB Disk
    Serial Number: 1D3C1704034B
    Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
    USB Version: 1.10
    Device Class: 00(>ifc )
    Device Subclass: 00
    Device Protocol: 00
    Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 8
    Number of Configurations: 1
    Vendor Id: 0d7d
    Product Id: 0100
    Revision Number: 1.00

    Config Number: 1
    Number of Interfaces: 1
    Attributes: 80
    MaxPower Needed: 100mA

    Interface Number: 0
    Name: usb-storage
    Alternate Number: 0
    Class: 08(stor.)
    Sub Class: 6
    Protocol: 50
    Number of Endpoints: 3

    Endpoint Address: 81
    Direction: in
    Attribute: 2
    Type: Bulk
    Max Packet Size: 64
    Interval: 0ms

    Endpoint Address: 02
    Direction: out
    Attribute: 2
    Type: Bulk
    Max Packet Size: 64
    Interval: 0ms

    Endpoint Address: 83
    Direction: in
    Attribute: 3
    Type: Int.
    Max Packet Size: 2
    Interval: 1ms

  2. Re: usb flash drive Cigar Pro 128MB

    > I am trying to use USB flash drive from Cigar Pro 128MB. But for some reason
    > its not working on fedora core 1 (seems to be some driver problem) though

    Is this one of those drives that has a switch on it? Try changing the
    position of the switch and plugging it in again. I was given a couple
    of these sorts of drives, and I could not get them working with Linux
    when the switch was in the "floppy" position.

  3. Re: usb flash drive Cigar Pro 128MB

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

    >> I am trying to use USB flash drive from Cigar Pro 128MB. But for some
    >> reason its not working on fedora core 1 (seems to be some driver problem)
    >> though

    > Is this one of those drives that has a switch on it? Try changing the
    > position of the switch and plugging it in again. I was given a couple
    > of these sorts of drives, and I could not get them working with Linux
    > when the switch was in the "floppy" position.

    I dont see any switch on it.

    Anil

+ Reply to Thread