Some Qestions - Help

This is a discussion on Some Qestions - Help ; HI all i use linux as my favorite os, but i am forced out of it because of somethings, thooes are that i can't play audioe CD,s in it, what actually happens is all thee CD players play the thing ...

  1. Some Qestions

    HI all i use linux as my favorite os, but i am forced out of it
    because
    of somethings, thooes are that i can't play audioe CD,s in it, what
    actually happens is
    all thee CD players play the thing but i can't hear it!, they detect
    and play but no output
    get in to my ears as input, i can play mp3s wavs fine, but i can't
    hear to audioe cd's derectlly
    why is this?, i can copy cd's but that too gives errors after
    recording one track
    an error message is displayed and says the file is deleted, and if i
    said ok it'll delete it
    , so i have to copy the recorded file to somewhere else and say ok....

    what can i do to get the situvation good?

    Is there any light wav--->mp3 software in thee net?

    is there any players out there that can play avi movies?

    Thanks
    Quszar

  2. Re: Some Qestions

    Quszar wrote:

    > actually happens is
    > all thee CD players play the thing but i can't hear it!, they detect
    > and play but no output

    .... open up the mixer and ensure that all the
    mute checkboxes are not checked (the appropriate
    ones). another potential problem is you may not
    have the wire that connects from the CD player
    to the sound card (out to in)
    ..
    "The warning message we sent the Russians was a calculated ambiguity
    that would be clearly understood."
    -- Alexander Haig

  3. Re: Some Qestions

    mjt wrote in message news:...
    > Quszar wrote:
    >
    > > actually happens is
    > > all thee CD players play the thing but i can't hear it!, they detect
    > > and play but no output

    > ... open up the mixer and ensure that all the
    > mute checkboxes are not checked (the appropriate
    > ones). another potential problem is you may not
    > have the wire that connects from the CD player
    > to the sound card (out to in)
    > .

    No no it's not the problem, i've checked them all before (because thee
    sound out put of thee mp3s were very less loud)

  4. Re: Some Qestions

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:07:42 -0700, Quszar wrote:

    > mjt wrote in message
    >> Quszar wrote:
    >>
    >> > actually happens is
    >> > all thee CD players play the thing but i can't hear it!, they detect
    >> > and play but no output

    >> ... open up the mixer and ensure that all the mute checkboxes are not
    >> checked (the appropriate ones). another potential problem is you may
    >> not have the wire that connects from the CD player to the sound card
    >> (out to in)
    >> .

    > No no it's not the problem, i've checked them all before (because thee
    > sound out put of thee mp3s were very less loud)

    Then check and see if you have the audio cable(3/4 wire) connection from
    the CD-ROM to the input of the sound interface (card or motherboard). If
    not then add one. Or switch, for example xmms, to play the audio CD's
    digitally (data cable) instead of analog (audio cable).

    --
    "In short, without this exclusive franchise, called the Windows API,
    we would have been dead a long time ago." M$ Senior VP Bob Muglia '96

  5. Re: Some Qestions

    Lenard wrote in message news:...
    > On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:07:42 -0700, Quszar wrote:
    >
    > > mjt wrote in message

    > >> ... open up the mixer and ensure that all the mute checkboxes are not
    > >> checked (the appropriate ones). another potential problem is you may
    > >> not have the wire that connects from the CD player to the sound card
    > >> (out to in)
    > >> .

    > > No no it's not the problem, i've checked them all before (because thee
    > > sound out put of thee mp3s were very less loud)

    > Then check and see if you have the audio cable(3/4 wire) connection from
    > the CD-ROM to the input of the sound interface (card or motherboard). If
    > not then add one. Or switch, for example xmms, to play the audio CD's
    > digitally (data cable) instead of analog (audio cable).

    yes! i geuss thats the problem, how to switch, play them digitally using xmms?

+ Reply to Thread