locale, how do I find them, Red hat - Help

This is a discussion on locale, how do I find them, Red hat - Help ; Hi, (I am using a Red Hat 8.0) 1) What are locales? 2) How can I find the values of Locales CCP, CSM, MAP, ICU, CON, LOC, INC, LNG Furhter, any good link on locale would be helpful. Thanks and ...

  1. locale, how do I find them, Red hat

    Hi,
    (I am using a Red Hat 8.0)

    1) What are locales?
    2) How can I find the values of Locales
    CCP, CSM, MAP, ICU, CON, LOC, INC, LNG

    Furhter, any good link on locale would be helpful.

    Thanks and regards,
    Pankaj Bhagat

  2. Re: locale, how do I find them, Red hat

    Locales are concerned with things like keyboard maps (do you type Roman,
    Cyrillic, Hiragana, Devanagari characters?) and fonts and money signs
    (dollar, euro, yen) and numeric display (comma or period for decimal point)
    and other such stuff that differs from one place to another.

    The Linux command "locale" will display your locale settings, a list of all
    locales... see the man page. Red Hat installation allows you to choose
    which locales your site will support, and the graphic logon allows you to
    change your locale.

    > CCP, CSM, MAP, ICU, CON, LOC, INC, LNG

    These do not look like locales to me.

    You might find this interesting:
    http://www.indlinux.org/

    "Pankaj Bhagat" wrote in message
    news:cde72a4e.0404270712.76151964@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    > (I am using a Red Hat 8.0)
    >
    > 1) What are locales?
    > 2) How can I find the values of Locales
    > CCP, CSM, MAP, ICU, CON, LOC, INC, LNG
    >
    > Furhter, any good link on locale would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Pankaj Bhagat

  3. Re: Thanks locale, how do I find them, Red hat

    Thanks William Winker!!

    /pankaj

    "William Winkler" wrote in message news:...
    > Locales are concerned with things like keyboard maps (do you type Roman,
    > Cyrillic, Hiragana, Devanagari characters?) and fonts and money signs
    > (dollar, euro, yen) and numeric display (comma or period for decimal point)
    > and other such stuff that differs from one place to another.
    >
    > The Linux command "locale" will display your locale settings, a list of all
    > locales... see the man page. Red Hat installation allows you to choose
    > which locales your site will support, and the graphic logon allows you to
    > change your locale.
    >
    > > CCP, CSM, MAP, ICU, CON, LOC, INC, LNG

    > These do not look like locales to me.
    >
    > You might find this interesting:
    > http://www.indlinux.org/
    >
    > "Pankaj Bhagat" wrote in message
    > news:cde72a4e.0404270712.76151964@posting.google.c om...
    > > Hi,
    > > (I am using a Red Hat 8.0)
    > >
    > > 1) What are locales?
    > > 2) How can I find the values of Locales
    > > CCP, CSM, MAP, ICU, CON, LOC, INC, LNG
    > >
    > > Furhter, any good link on locale would be helpful.
    > >
    > > Thanks and regards,
    > > Pankaj Bhagat

+ Reply to Thread