Ximinan evolution - Help

This is a discussion on Ximinan evolution - Help ; Running FC1 Evolution 1.4.5 - 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl What I want is to change the browser from Mozilla to Galeon. I've looked everyplace that I can think of, all to no avail. Anybody got a clue?...

  1. Ximinan evolution

    Running FC1 Evolution 1.4.5 - 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl

    What I want is to change the browser from Mozilla to Galeon. I've looked
    everyplace that I can think of, all to no avail.

    Anybody got a clue?

  2. Re: Ximinan evolution

    Omega95 wrote:

    > Running FC1 Evolution 1.4.5 - 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
    >
    > What I want is to change the browser from Mozilla to Galeon. I've looked
    > everyplace that I can think of, all to no avail.
    >
    > Anybody got a clue?

    Change in gnome-control-center

    Goto Advanced
    Select File Types and Programs
    Scroll to Internet Services
    Edit World Wide Web http
    change Program to Run to your preferred browser, or if not listed, choose
    Custom
    If Custom, change to your browser and add %s so that web pages are loaded.

    This change will be universal for all gnome-based programs.

    Good luck

  3. Re: Ximinan evolution

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:38:47 -0400, Peter wrote:

    > Omega95 wrote:
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > Change in gnome-control-center
    >
    > Goto Advanced
    > Select File Types and Programs
    > Scroll to Internet Services
    > Edit World Wide Web http
    > change Program to Run to your preferred browser, or if not listed, choose
    > Custom
    > If Custom, change to your browser and add %s so that web pages are loaded.
    >
    > This change will be universal for all gnome-based programs.
    >
    > Good luck

    Thank you Peter. Guess I forgot to mention I use KDE but the fix worked
    perfectly. Never thought to look there and now that I have I see Gnome
    has significantly changed. Was a worthwhile effort for several reasons.

  4. Re: Ximinan evolution

    Omega95 wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:38:47 -0400, Peter wrote:
    >
    >> Omega95 wrote:
    >>
    >>> [quoted text muted]

    >> Change in gnome-control-center
    >>
    >> Goto Advanced
    >> Select File Types and Programs
    >> Scroll to Internet Services
    >> Edit World Wide Web http
    >> change Program to Run to your preferred browser, or if not listed, choose
    >> Custom
    >> If Custom, change to your browser and add %s so that web pages are
    >> loaded.
    >>
    >> This change will be universal for all gnome-based programs.
    >>
    >> Good luck

    > Thank you Peter. Guess I forgot to mention I use KDE but the fix worked
    > perfectly. Never thought to look there and now that I have I see Gnome
    > has significantly changed. Was a worthwhile effort for several reasons.

    Evolution uses the gnome interface and bonobo regardless of which window
    manager you use. That's why it's so confusing. Also, you can force
    Evolution to be your default email from within KDE by adding the following

    run kcontrol
    Select KDE Components/Component Chooser
    Under Email Client, choose "Use a different email client"
    In the text entry box, type "evolution mailto:%t %s" (no quotes, obviously)

    Then, when you are in a KDE app and choose mailto, evolution will pop up.

    If you run gnome, or gnome apps, you will need to go to the gnome control
    center and add a protocol mailto in the Internet Preferences and select a
    custom program and type

    evolution "%s" (with quotes as indicated)

    Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread