How to copy files from a device to a PC using serial communication. - Help

This is a discussion on How to copy files from a device to a PC using serial communication. - Help ; Hi, I am copying some files from my linux PC to a handset having linux installed. This I am doing using minicom. I also get a shell prompt on the handset via minicom terminal and can browse the directories on ...

  1. How to copy files from a device to a PC using serial communication.

    Hi,

    I am copying some files from my linux PC to a handset having linux
    installed. This I am doing using minicom. I also get a shell prompt on
    the handset via minicom terminal and can browse the directories on the
    handset. Is it possible to copy files from the handset to the PC. What
    are the prerequisite for any system to support uploading the files via
    serial port? I am able to run the sz command on the handset but I get
    the error "Got ZCAN". Any way in which I can copy files from the
    handset to my PC using serial communication.

    Thanks and cheers,

    ~Ajit

  2. Re: How to copy files from a device to a PC using serial communication.

    "Ajit Kamat" skrev i meddelandet
    news:a672f732.0404260905.106a9b8c@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am copying some files from my linux PC to a handset having linux
    > installed. This I am doing using minicom. I also get a shell prompt on
    > the handset via minicom terminal and can browse the directories on the
    > handset. Is it possible to copy files from the handset to the PC. What
    > are the prerequisite for any system to support uploading the files via
    > serial port? I am able to run the sz command on the handset but I get
    > the error "Got ZCAN". Any way in which I can copy files from the
    > handset to my PC using serial communication.
    >
    > Thanks and cheers,
    >
    > ~Ajit

    Use a standard COMM program, same program we used to dial BBS'es back in
    the -80's-90's.

+ Reply to Thread