Mandrake 9.1 problem - Help

This is a discussion on Mandrake 9.1 problem - Help ; I had Mandrake 8.2 working on my machine. I upgraded to 9.1 and now I can't boot to linux (though booting to Windows still works). The message that I get mentions a "Kernal Panic". I am not that knowledgeable with ...

  1. Mandrake 9.1 problem

    I had Mandrake 8.2 working on my machine. I upgraded to 9.1 and now I
    can't boot to linux (though booting to Windows still works). The
    message that I get mentions a "Kernal Panic". I am not that
    knowledgeable with linux and have no idea what is going on. Any help
    would be appreciated.

    thanx
    tom

  2. Re: Mandrake 9.1 problem

    I reinstalled (as opposed to upgrading) and got it to work.
    Fortunately, this isn't a machine with any critical data on it.
    Still, any advice on what the error meant and how to avoid this in the
    future would be appreciated.
    tom

+ Reply to Thread