/dev/dsp playback error: No such device - Help

This is a discussion on /dev/dsp playback error: No such device - Help ; Hello all, iam trying to (learn) record and play back the audio from mic. I have googled for some sample code and got this one (parrot.c) http://www.guerrilla.net/reference/dsp/prog_dsp.htm iam able to record the audio from mic but when iam playing the ...

  1. /dev/dsp playback error: No such device

    Hello all,
    iam trying to (learn) record and play back the audio from mic.

    I have googled for some sample code and got this one (parrot.c)
    http://www.guerrilla.net/reference/dsp/prog_dsp.htm

    iam able to record the audio from mic but when iam playing the
    audio(in the loop just after recarding) iam getting the error "No such
    device".

    but that "/dev/dsp" is actually there. can somebody help me to figure
    out what would be the cause.

    but iam able to record and play the audio from terminal!! i have used
    the following commands to test that
    dd bs=8k count=10 recdd.au
    cat recdd.au >/dev/dsp

    can somebody throw some light on it, please.

    Thank you
    venkata rachabatthula

  2. Re: /dev/dsp playback error: No such device

    one more thing i have noticed is this problem occuring only when i
    have opened device in "RW" mode. while am able to "open in RDONLY
    mode--record buffer--close and open in WRONLY mode and playback the
    same buffer close".
    any body has clue abt what could be the reason?

    thank you
    venkata rachabatthula

+ Reply to Thread