Ogle and multi-channel sound - Help

This is a discussion on Ogle and multi-channel sound - Help ; I've been attempting to take advantage of a four-speaker setup (soon to be 6.1 when I upgrade) by getting some semblance of surround sound out of Ogle, but I can't get anything more than two channel stereo that comes out ...

  1. Ogle and multi-channel sound

    I've been attempting to take advantage of a four-speaker setup (soon to be
    6.1 when I upgrade) by getting some semblance of surround sound out of
    Ogle, but I can't get anything more than two channel stereo that comes out
    of both the front and rear speakers (unless Ogle, for some reason, is
    downmixing the center channel to both the front and rear channels, but it
    doesn't seem to be the case).

    I'm using Alsa for sound output, compiled (as modules) with a 2.6.5
    kernel. I have tweaked openalrc, and my current config (with respect to
    sound) is

    Also, I know that I can get surround output, as Unreal Tournament 2004
    does properly output in 4-channel surround. Does anyone know what I am
    doing incorrectly? If any more information is needed, I can provide it
    upon request.
    --
    See the documented lies of Pastor Frank: http://tinyurl.com/6009
    Contact pr@lucasarts.com and express your disapproval over the

  2. Re: Ogle and multi-channel sound

    I forgot to mention that I'm using an Audigy 2 card, with the emu10k1
    driver.

    --
    See the documented lies of Pastor Frank: http://tinyurl.com/6009
    Contact pr@lucasarts.com and express your disapproval over the