how to kill a process with RW status - Help

This is a discussion on how to kill a process with RW status - Help ; Hello all, is there any special way to deal with such processes? because i couldnt kill it with "kill pid" or "kill -9 pid" commands this process was created when i ran a simple C code to record some audio ...

  1. how to kill a process with RW status

    Hello all,
    is there any special way to deal with such processes?
    because i couldnt kill it with "kill pid" or "kill -9 pid" commands

    this process was created when i ran a simple C code to record some
    audio from mic and play back .. after the job is finished when i have
    tried to rerun my code it gave an error saying "device or resource
    busy" .. so iam trying to close this one.

    any help is appreciated.

    PS: could you please point me to appropriate group if its not the
    right one.

    thank you,

  2. Re: how to kill a process with RW status

    venkata wrote:

    > this process was**created*when*i*ran*a*simple*C*code*to*record* some
    > audio from mic and play back .. after the job is finished when i have
    > tried to rerun my code it gave an error saying "device or resource
    > busy" ..

    .... the call is blocking
    ..
    Cleanliness is next to impossible.

  3. Re: how to kill a process with RW status

    On 2004-04-19, venkata wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > is there any special way to deal with such processes?
    > because i couldnt kill it with "kill pid" or "kill -9 pid" commands
    >

    > this process was created when i ran a simple C code to record some
    > audio from mic and play back .. after the job is finished when i have
    > tried to rerun my code it gave an error saying "device or resource
    > busy" .. so iam trying to close this one.

    Try 'killall commandname'. Tell me if it works.

    Naota Hashimoto
    --
    naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove 'S P A M')

  4. Re: how to kill a process with RW status

    Naota Hashimoto wrote in message news:...
    > Try 'killall commandname'. Tell me if it works.
    >
    > Naota Hashimoto

    nope. it didnt work
    i have to restart(hard) the machine before it allows me to do "fuser -k".

    Venkata Rachabatthula

  5. Re: how to kill a process with RW status

    On 2004-04-24, venkata wrote:
    > Naota Hashimoto wrote in message news:...
    >> Try 'killall commandname'. Tell me if it works.
    >>
    >> Naota Hashimoto

    > nope. it didnt work
    > i have to restart(hard) the machine before it allows me to do "fuser -k".

    Sorry to hear that.
    --
    naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove 'S P A M')

+ Reply to Thread