atari24 wrote:

> I am trying to install Debian 3.0 onto my laptop. It has a broken
> internal CDrom and a USB CDwriter. I am having trouble trying to
> access the install CD from the USB drive.
>
> I load these modules during install: usb human interface, uhci,
> usbcore, usb mass storage. The drive gets accessed when I plug it in,
> but it doesn't seem to read the CD. I can select /dev/sr0 to install
> from, and it prompts me for the Install CD. I put it in, hit enter,
> and install seems to hang. I see these messages on the virtual term:
> mount: Mounting /dev/sr0 on /instmnt failed: No such device or address
> making symlink from /dev/sr0 to /dev/cdrom
>
> If I start a virtual session and try to mount the USB drive, it will
> say:
> mount: /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
>
> This will also cause it to hang. I think I may be missing a module,
> but I'm not sure which. If anyone can help me out, I will greatly
> appreciate it.
>

> atari24

Is the /proc/bus/usb device file system mounted?
I can't seem to get my external usb mass storage devices to mount unless i
do:
mount usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb -t usbdevfs

also, make sure your USB hub is not conflicting with an IRQ with something
else. This was a problem on my system, where irq was shared between usb and
scsi controller (check your mainboard bios setup).

--
Travis Hein
Keyboard not found.