Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses - Help

This is a discussion on Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses - Help ; I have been usuary of a Debian Woody 3.0r2 with Gnome 2.0 for a long time without no problem. But for days I have been having the following problem: All the services of Internet work to me: - News I ...

  1. Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses

    I have been usuary of a Debian Woody 3.0r2 with Gnome 2.0 for a long time
    without no problem.
    But for days I have been having the following problem:
    All the services of Internet work to me:
    - News I read with PAN
    - the POP mail with Evolution,
    - I can make FTP with GFTP as my distribution is Linex I am updated
    without problems ,
    -I can chat with XChat,
    but... for days neither Galleon (1.2.5)nor Mozilla (1.0.0) they have been
    able to sail since they do not find the directions. Nevertheless with
    Lynx and Netscape 4,77 yes I can sail. I have reviewed the
    configurations of the navigators and are correct (I do not use proxy). I
    have watched in the configuration file
    of/usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref/all.js and seems all correct one . I
    have reinstall with apt-get -- reinstall the packages of mozilla and
    galeon without obtaining nothing. I have put in the forum of users of
    linux.debian.users.spanish the problem and until I have not obtained aid
    now although .
    I have received a mail in which to that it happened to him
    the same its only solution went to erase everything and to return to
    install everything (I suppose that even kernel....). I think that the
    problem must have another solution. If everything except those
    applications works (that in principle could be only mozilla since precise
    galleon of the installation of mozilla...) will be some connection fits,
    pipeline or what is that with a simple manual change can return to
    work.... Please if somebody can give some idea me of what doing or where
    to direct to me I will be very happy

    Thank a lot..

    Fernando

    fsanzal@eresmas.com

  2. Re: Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses

    Fernando wrote:

    > but...*for*days*neither*Galleon*(1.2.5)nor*Mozilla *(1.0.0)*they*have*been
    > *able*to*sail*since*they*do*not*find*the*direction s.*

    .... do galleon and mozilla start and come up
    on the screen? if so, do web pages not come
    up in the browsers?

    or does galleon and mozilla 1.0.0 not start at all?
    (not come up on the screen). if this is true,
    then open a command line window, like 'konsole'
    or 'xterm', and start those browsers from the
    windowed command line and see if there is an
    error message written
    ..
    I'm a Lisp variable -- bind me!

  3. Re: Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses

    > ... do galleon and mozilla start and come up
    > on the screen? if so, do web pages not come
    > up in the browsers?

    Exactly galeon and mozilla start and come up but appear a windows with the
    legend: "www.....could not be found. Please check the name and try again".
    If I put the directions with numbers they answer the same but with the
    name!..

    Sorry for my bad english..
    Fernando

  4. Re: Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses

    El Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:44:15 +0200, Fernando escribió:

    > Exactly galeon and mozilla start and come up but appear a windows with the
    > legend: "www.....could not be found. Please check the name and try again".
    > If I put the directions with numbers they answer the same but with the
    > name!..

    Excuseme, if I put the four numbers of the direction both come the web
    page correctly. This is new becuase a few day ago they answered the above
    form: with the name but didn't come the web page. I have installed
    Netscape 4.77 that work correctly....and the /etc/resolv.conf is with the
    domain correct...

+ Reply to Thread