2.6 Kernel with USB and VIA Rhine - Help

  2. Re: 2.6 Kernel with USB and VIA Rhine

    Lampros Liontos wrote:

    Try adjusting the bios settings in mainboard. I used to have issues, and
    still do, where the usb hub on my mainboard shared same IRQ as my PCI scsi
    card. Nasty things would happen if i used hard disk and usb devices of any
    kind. One of those magic things depending on the phase of the moon. I found
    by moving cards around in my junky old system, and choosing the irq that
    gets used for usb device helped this
    --
    Travis Hein
    Keyboard not found.

  3. Re: 2.6 Kernel with USB and VIA Rhine

    Travis Hein wrote:
    | Lampros Liontos wrote:
    |

    | I am currently operating a computer with a VIA P4PB chipset motherboard.
    |
    | Onboard this system are inbuilt USB 2.0 (ehci/uhci) controller and a VIA
    | VT6105M Rhine-III Network adapter (both built into the MB)
    |
    | Now, the problem comes when I try and compile Kernel 2.6.
    |
    | You see, the two devices seem to be mutually exclusive where ACPI is
    | concerned... several devices (most notably my thumbdrive) are not detected
    | properly when ACPI is inactive, but at the same time, when ACPI IS active,
    | the NIC seems not to function properly.
    |
    | Is there some way to solve this particular dilemma? I have no intention
    | of moving back to 2.4, since the speedup in this kernel is much too
    | difficult to
    | give up. Since my money is currently aimed at keeping Mr. Landlord happy,
    | I'm not likely to be purchasing any new hardware, so that avenue is out.
    | --
    |

    |> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |
    | | Lampros Liontos | Without credibility, no one will believe you.
    | | |
    | | reteo@hotpop.com | Without reliability, no one will believe in
    | | you. |

    |> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |
    | ~ My public key and fingerprint are available at
    | http://www.nyx.net/~iliontos

    | Try adjusting the bios settings in mainboard. I used to have issues, and
    | still do, where the usb hub on my mainboard shared same IRQ as my PCI scsi
    | card. Nasty things would happen if i used hard disk and usb devices of any
    | kind. One of those magic things depending on the phase of the moon. I found
    | by moving cards around in my junky old system, and choosing the irq that
    | gets used for usb device helped this

    Well, I'll give it a shot... I can't move those two objects about, since they
    are both part of this very integrated MB. (Funny how hard it is to come across
    a non-integrated board these days... at lease it didn't have integrated video.
    ~ *shudder*)
    - --
    | Lampros Liontos | Without credibility, no one will believe you. |
    | reteo@hotpop.com | Without reliability, no one will believe in you. |
    ~ My public key and fingerprint are available at http://www.nyx.net/~iliontos

+ Reply to Thread