newbie problem: new hard drive data is volatile? - Help

This is a discussion on newbie problem: new hard drive data is volatile? - Help ; This is the most surprising thing I've seen yet with my adventure in installing Tiny Linux. I'm working on putting X windows on my machine now. Part of this involves copying a file "xinstall.sh" to my hard drive. I am ...

  1. newbie problem: new hard drive data is volatile?

    This is the most surprising thing I've seen yet with my adventure in
    installing Tiny Linux. I'm working on putting X windows on my machine
    now. Part of this involves copying a file "xinstall.sh" to my hard
    drive. I am able to copy from my floppy and I put the file in
    directory "/". But when I reboot the computer, xinstall.sh has
    disappeared from "/". Any ideas why?

  2. Re: newbie problem: new hard drive data is volatile?

    > directory "/". But when I reboot the computer, xinstall.sh has
    > disappeared from "/". Any ideas why?

    man 1 sync

+ Reply to Thread