synaptic not responding. - Help

This is a discussion on synaptic not responding. - Help ; I'm operating Fedora Core 1. Whether I click on the icon in System Tools or type synaptic on the command line I get no response. A search for synaptic shows the executable is in /usr/sbin and the link to it ...

  1. synaptic not responding.

    I'm operating Fedora Core 1.

    Whether I click on the icon in System Tools or type synaptic on the command
    line I get no response. A search for synaptic shows the executable is in
    /usr/sbin and the link to it is in /usr/bin.

    What can I do to get it open?

  2. Re: synaptic not responding.

    Donald Duquet wrote:

    > I'm operating Fedora Core 1.
    >
    > Whether I click on the icon in System Tools or type synaptic on the
    > command line I get no response. A search for synaptic shows the executable
    > is in /usr/sbin and the link to it is in /usr/bin.
    >
    > What can I do to get it open?

    Are you running it as root? AFAIK, synaptic can only be run by root.

    --
    ZZzz |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey
    /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.
    |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
    '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

  3. Re: synaptic not responding.

    Travis Casey wrote:

    > Donald Duquet wrote:
    >
    >> I'm operating Fedora Core 1.
    >>
    >> Whether I click on the icon in System Tools or type synaptic on the
    >> command line I get no response. A search for synaptic shows the
    >> executable is in /usr/sbin and the link to it is in /usr/bin.
    >>
    >> What can I do to get it open?

    > Are you running it as root? AFAIK, synaptic can only be run by root.

    Yes, as root.

+ Reply to Thread