MEPIS PPPoE - Help

This is a discussion on MEPIS PPPoE - Help ; I just installed PPPoE service to my MEPIS distribution. Everything works good but I can only control the service (i.e. ADSL-Start, ADSL-Stop) at the ROOT level. How do I grant permissions to all users to start and stop the PPPoE ...

  1. MEPIS PPPoE

    I just installed PPPoE service to my MEPIS distribution. Everything works good
    but I can only control the service (i.e. ADSL-Start, ADSL-Stop) at the ROOT
    level. How do I grant permissions to all users to start and stop the PPPoE
    connection?

  2. Re: MEPIS PPPoE

    On 2 Apr 2004 03:06:21 -0800, vicallen@hotmail.com (Victor Allen)
    wrote:

    >I just installed PPPoE service to my MEPIS distribution. Everything works good
    >but I can only control the service (i.e. ADSL-Start, ADSL-Stop) at the ROOT
    >level. How do I grant permissions to all users to start and stop the PPPoE
    >connection?

    One way is to set the program to run with root permissions. In the
    program's directory type

    chmod a+s program-name

    and everybody will be able to use it.

    --