Sigh....newbie time again...

I have installed Mandrake Linux 9.2, and it works
beautifully...well...almost. I can't print...from any application. I use an
Epson Stylus Color 660 with USB converter cable. The kernel has installed
the USB drivers, my printer is recognized, and the 'mtink' application
reads ink levels, and delivers reset commands to the printer, but nothing
else works, not printer test pages, not Office, nothing. Printing just
dumps the file into the print queue and it sits there. At one time, I
could print the Mandrake printer test page.

I've been reading thru the various help and other info files, but can't find
anything that helps me troubleshoot.

Anyone have any ideas?

Adv-thanks-ance
facefur