Blinking D at command line - Help

This is a discussion on Blinking D at command line - Help ; WHen I run X and then log in at another tty to work at the command line (not in an xterm window) I often get a green blinking D that I cannot remove from the screen (in the tty). This ...

  1. Blinking D at command line

    WHen I run X and then log in at another tty to work at the command
    line (not in an xterm window) I often get a green blinking D that I
    cannot remove from the screen (in the tty). This appears on each of
    the other tty screens and cannot be removed with the clear
    command.

    When I shut down X, the blinking D goes away. The D appears in
    different places around the screen and, in vim (to name one program)
    when I'm typing I sometimes get several D's until I quit and go back
    in. The one blinking D remains.

    I'm running RH8 on an Intel machine.

  2. Re: Blinking D at command line

    bgfay wrote:

    > in. The one blinking D remains.

    .... if you type "reset" , what happens?

    "I can't decide whether to commit suicide or go bowling."
    - Florence Henderson

  3. Re: Blinking D at command line

    bgfay wrote:
    > WHen I run X and then log in at another tty to work at the command
    > line (not in an xterm window) I often get a green blinking D that I
    > cannot remove from the screen (in the tty). This appears on each of
    > the other tty screens and cannot be removed with the clear
    > command.
    >
    > When I shut down X, the blinking D goes away. The D appears in
    > different places around the screen and, in vim (to name one program)
    > when I'm typing I sometimes get several D's until I quit and go back
    > in. The one blinking D remains.
    >
    > I'm running RH8 on an Intel machine.

    Do you have an onboard graphics card?

    --