Removing LILO from MBR - Help

This is a discussion on Removing LILO from MBR - Help ; I am a total noob to all of this and for a practice run I installed red hat 9 on a spare drive just to see how it worked out. I took the drive out and put back in the ...

  1. Removing LILO from MBR

    I am a total noob to all of this and for a practice run I installed
    red hat 9 on a spare drive just to see how it worked out. I took the
    drive out and put back in the drive I have all my mp3s and movies etc
    so I could access them in windows and store them elsewhere before
    installing red hat there for good, but when I tried to boot it got
    stuck trying to load lilo. how can I remove it?

  2. Re: Removing LILO from MBR

    Robert wrote:
    > I am a total noob to all of this and for a practice run I installed
    > red hat 9 on a spare drive just to see how it worked out. I took the
    > drive out and put back in the drive I have all my mp3s and movies etc
    > so I could access them in windows and store them elsewhere before
    > installing red hat there for good, but when I tried to boot it got
    > stuck trying to load lilo. how can I remove it?

    the "mp3s and movies etc" drive is running winows???
    try booting from a windows boot disk and then type:
    'fdisk /mbr' (no quotes)

    this will (re)write the master boot record to the hard disk.

    --
    Woolsey-Swanson Rule:
    People would rather live with a problem they cannot solve

    remove '.eh' to email

+ Reply to Thread