Bootable image - Help

This is a discussion on Bootable image - Help ; Hello, I got the first 3 cds of red hat 9i from my friend and just copied the cds via win xp pro. But when i launched the installation from a floppy image, it asks where i have my iso ...

  1. Bootable image

    Hello,
    I got the first 3 cds of red hat 9i from my friend and just copied the
    cds via win xp pro. But when i launched the installation from a floppy
    image, it asks where i have my iso s. Then i went back to winxp and
    created a bootable iso image file using winiso (boot image for
    bootable cd as \images\'boot.iso') and copied the images to my root
    (c:\).

    Now Linux doesn't recognize the isos during 'Partition selection'.
    Then, i burnt this iso as an image but noticed that bios doesn't
    recognize this cd as a boot disk.

    Is making an iso image of the cds the only option or can i save my
    installation from here?

  2. Re: Bootable image

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:52:59 -0800, tentod wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I got the first 3 cds of red hat 9i from my friend and just copied the
    > cds via win xp pro. But when i launched the installation from a floppy
    > image, it asks where i have my iso s. Then i went back to winxp and
    > created a bootable iso image file using winiso (boot image for bootable
    > cd as \images\'boot.iso') and copied the images to my root (c:\).

    Red Hat Linux 9 does not recognize NTFS partition(s) 'out of the box' so
    your copied ISO images will not be available for installation. If you want
    to install from the ISO images place them on a FAT32 partition.

    > Now Linux doesn't recognize the isos during 'Partition selection'. Then,
    > i burnt this iso as an image but noticed that bios doesn't recognize
    > this cd as a boot disk.

    Then you burned the ISO image to CD incorrectly;

    http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
    http://www.e-smith.org/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3

    --
    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

+ Reply to Thread