Setting up remote login using ssh - Help

This is a discussion on Setting up remote login using ssh - Help ; Hey there everybody! I'm running the Mandrake 9.2 distro of Linux, and I was wondering how to set up my machine to allow me to remotely log in using ssh. Any and all help is greately appreciated!...

  1. Setting up remote login using ssh

    Hey there everybody! I'm running the Mandrake 9.2 distro of Linux,
    and I was wondering how to set up my machine to allow me to remotely
    log in using ssh. Any and all help is greately appreciated!

  2. Re: Setting up remote login using ssh

    In article ,
    mraz0018@umn.edu (Rawley) wrote:

    > Hey there everybody! I'm running the Mandrake 9.2 distro of Linux,
    > and I was wondering how to set up my machine to allow me to remotely
    > log in using ssh. Any and all help is greately appreciated!

    Make sure the sshd deamon is running and set to run at system startup.
    You'll need to start the daemon as root, at which point your host keys
    will be built. When prompted, you should enter a secure passphrase. You
    should then be able to login remotely, provided firewalls and such allow
    for it.

    --
    "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the Funky Chicken"
    --The Full Monty

  3. Re: Setting up remote login using ssh

    Lorenzo Thurman wrote in message news:...
    > In article ,
    > mraz0018@umn.edu (Rawley) wrote:
    >
    > > Hey there everybody! I'm running the Mandrake 9.2 distro of Linux,
    > > and I was wondering how to set up my machine to allow me to remotely
    > > log in using ssh. Any and all help is greately appreciated!

    > Make sure the sshd deamon is running and set to run at system startup.
    > You'll need to start the daemon as root, at which point your host keys
    > will be built. When prompted, you should enter a secure passphrase. You
    > should then be able to login remotely, provided firewalls and such allow
    > for it.

    Sounds good; thanks!

+ Reply to Thread