Unable to boot knoppix 3.3 latest version - Help

This is a discussion on Unable to boot knoppix 3.3 latest version - Help ; Hi, I have recently downloaded the latest version of knoppix 3.3 and I am unable to boot it. After my first failed attempt at burning it with Nero (forgot to make it bootable) I retried it again it boots but ...

  1. Unable to boot knoppix 3.3 latest version

    Hi, I have recently downloaded the latest version of knoppix 3.3 and I am
    unable to boot it. After my first failed attempt at burning it with Nero
    (forgot to make it bootable) I retried it again it boots but it will not go
    any further. It gets stuck at a black screen with the following written
    across it.

    Starting Caldera DR-DOS
    EMM386 3.27 Copyright (c) 1992, 1998 Caldera, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Frame=D000 Kb=32768
    - <---- this keeps flashing

    I then tried my other knoppix 3.3 and it works fine. Is there a problem
    with knoppix or with my burn.

  2. Re: Unable to boot knoppix 3.3 latest version

    BW~Merlin posted on Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:32:49 +0000:

    > Hi, I have recently downloaded the latest version of knoppix 3.3 and I
    > am unable to boot it. After my first failed attempt at burning it with
    > Nero (forgot to make it bootable) I retried it again it boots but it
    > will not go any further. It gets stuck at a black screen with the
    > following written across it.
    >
    > Starting Caldera DR-DOS
    > EMM386 3.27 Copyright (c) 1992, 1998 Caldera, Inc. All rights reserved.
    > Frame=D000 Kb=32768
    > - <---- this keeps flashing

    That's called the DOS prompt. It's sorta like the Linux console mode.

    > I then tried my other knoppix 3.3 and it works fine. Is there a problem
    > with knoppix or with my burn.

    It's your burn, you somehow installed a DR-DOS boot disk(disk emulation)
    on the CD. The CD is booting into Caldera DR-DOS and not Linux.

    --
    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

  3. Re: Unable to boot knoppix 3.3 latest version

    "Lenard" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.02.13.02.42.11.366944@127.0.0.1...
    > BW~Merlin posted on Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:32:49 +0000:
    >
    > > Hi, I have recently downloaded the latest version of knoppix 3.3 and I
    > > am unable to boot it. After my first failed attempt at burning it with
    > > Nero (forgot to make it bootable) I retried it again it boots but it
    > > will not go any further. It gets stuck at a black screen with the
    > > following written across it.
    > >
    > > Starting Caldera DR-DOS
    > > EMM386 3.27 Copyright (c) 1992, 1998 Caldera, Inc. All rights reserved.
    > > Frame=D000 Kb=32768
    > > - <---- this keeps flashing

    > That's called the DOS prompt. It's sorta like the Linux console mode.
    >

    > > I then tried my other knoppix 3.3 and it works fine. Is there a problem
    > > with knoppix or with my burn.

    > It's your burn, you somehow installed a DR-DOS boot disk(disk emulation)
    > on the CD. The CD is booting into Caldera DR-DOS and not Linux.

    Make sure you use boot cd in Nero and make sure the boot file points
    to the boot.img file in the boot folder of knoppix...

    You can also make a boot floppy so you don't have to toss the previous
    burn...

    --
    Syphillus