Unable to change GDM configuration - Help

This is a discussion on Unable to change GDM configuration - Help ; I am trying to do some finishing touches on my Slackware (9.1) system. Everything has gone smoothly so far, but the implementation of GDM (2.4.4.2) has been a bit confusing. I am using GNOME and FluxBox, but when I load ...

  1. Unable to change GDM configuration

    I am trying to do some finishing touches on my Slackware (9.1) system.
    Everything has gone smoothly so far, but the implementation of GDM
    (2.4.4.2) has been a bit confusing. I am using GNOME and FluxBox, but
    when I load GDM there are links to about a dozen non-existing
    Xsessions that I can't seem to remove. I didn't see any usenet posts
    that mentioned this problem; and according to the documentation,
    everything is set up fine. I removed all of the unnecessary links
    from /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, and GNOME is the only WM in
    /usr/share/xsessions.
    Is there something else I should be looking for?

  2. Re: Unable to change GDM configuration

    Nick Ballard wrote:
    > I am trying to do some finishing touches on my Slackware (9.1) system.
    > Everything has gone smoothly so far, but the implementation of GDM
    > (2.4.4.2) has been a bit confusing. I am using GNOME and FluxBox, but
    > when I load GDM there are links to about a dozen non-existing
    > Xsessions that I can't seem to remove. I didn't see any usenet posts
    > that mentioned this problem; and according to the documentation,
    > everything is set up fine. I removed all of the unnecessary links
    > from /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, and GNOME is the only WM in
    > /usr/share/xsessions.
    > Is there something else I should be looking for?

    You need to make sure to install any of the patches you need for
    Slackware-9.1. GDM being one of them.

    --
    Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
    Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/

+ Reply to Thread