GDM with XDMCP and Gnome problems - Help

This is a discussion on GDM with XDMCP and Gnome problems - Help ; I have Linux RH 7.2 and I want to remote access my linux box with an X client running XDMCP (XReflection on PC). I have configured GDM to enable XDMCP support. I use Gnome with Sawfish as window manager. With ...

  1. GDM with XDMCP and Gnome problems

    I have Linux RH 7.2 and I want to remote access my linux box with an X
    client running XDMCP (XReflection on PC). I have configured GDM to enable
    XDMCP support. I use Gnome with Sawfish as window manager.

    With my X client I can connect to my linux box, I get the login window. When
    I try to log in, the login process waits quite a long time on the start of
    the window manager and when I'm logged in, I have no window manager (I can
    see the panel on the bottom of the screen and the it disappears, I think
    that the window manager crashes). Has somebody an idea why?

    On the server, in my home directory, I have the following
    '.xsessions-errors' file:

    XIM DEBUG: SESSION_MANAGER=local/sbe3221:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2078
    rep: received fatal signal: Segmentation fault

    struct debug_buf common:

    Backtrace in `fatal_signal_handler':
    <(null)+1076713544>
    <(null)+1075739071>
    <(null)+1075739668>
    <(null)+1075740967>
    <(null)+1075742178>

    <(null)+134579157>

    Lisp backtrace:

    aumix: error opening mixer

    Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkOptionMenu'

    Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkoptionmenu.c: line 248
    (gtk_option_menu_set_history): assertion `option_menu != NULL' failed.

    Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find handler
    containing data (0x81BF600)

    Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find handler
    containing data (0x81D8798)
    Message: Successfully registered
    `OAFIID:nautilus_factory:bd1e1862-92d7-4391-963e-37583f0daef3'
    Message: Successfully registered `OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'

  2. Re: GDM with XDMCP and Gnome problems

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:18:23 +0100
    "CÚdric Pillonel" wrote:

    > I have Linux RH 7.2 and I want to remote access my linux box with an X
    > client running XDMCP (XReflection on PC). I have configured GDM to
    > enable XDMCP support. I use Gnome with Sawfish as window manager.
    >
    > With my X client I can connect to my linux box, I get the login
    > window. When I try to log in, the login process waits quite a long
    > time on the start of the window manager and when I'm logged in, I have
    > no window manager (I can see the panel on the bottom of the screen and
    > the it disappears, I think that the window manager crashes). Has
    > somebody an idea why?
    >
    > On the server, in my home directory, I have the following
    > '.xsessions-errors' file:
    >
    > XIM DEBUG: SESSION_MANAGER=local/sbe3221:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2078
    > rep: received fatal signal: Segmentation fault
    >
    > struct debug_buf common:
    >
    > Backtrace in `fatal_signal_handler':
    > <(null)+1076713544>
    > <(null)+1075739071>
    > <(null)+1075739668>
    > <(null)+1075740967>
    > <(null)+1075742178>
    >

    > <(null)+134579157>
    >
    > Lisp backtrace:
    >
    > aumix: error opening mixer
    >
    > Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkOptionMenu'
    >
    > Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkoptionmenu.c: line 248
    > (gtk_option_menu_set_history): assertion `option_menu != NULL' failed.
    >
    > Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find
    > handler containing data (0x81BF600)
    >
    > Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find
    > handler containing data (0x81D8798)
    > Message: Successfully registered
    > `OAFIID:nautilus_factory:bd1e1862-92d7-4391-963e-37583f0daef3'
    > Message: Successfully registered `OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'

    This is normal, xdmcp shows the programs (such as the taskbar) only.

+ Reply to Thread