Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2 - Help

This is a discussion on Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2 - Help ; Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me that Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me ...

  1. Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2

    Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me
    that
    Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy
    much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me out.

  2. Re: Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2

    benjaminrtz wrote:

    > Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me
    > that
    > Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy
    > much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me out.

    For your / partition, what type is it? ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc? You
    _must_ have support for that format compiled into your kernel, or use a
    ramdisk.

    Jesus didn't just save the world, He made weekly offsite backups.
    Friendly Linux IRC HelpChannel (irc.freenode.net) #userfriendly

  3. Re: Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2

    "M2@M" wrote in message news:...
    > benjaminrtz wrote:
    >
    > > Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me
    > > that
    > > Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy
    > > much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me out.

    > For your / partition, what type is it? ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc? You
    > _must_ have support for that format compiled into your kernel, or use a
    > ramdisk.

    I used the defconfig and just assumed that it will have support for
    that!! Thats machine 's in office!! will check tomorrow!!Thx

+ Reply to Thread