Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2 - Help

This is a discussion on Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2 - Help ; Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me that Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me ...

  1. Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2

    Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me
    that
    Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy
    much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me out.

  2. Re: Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount ...2.6.2

    benjaminrtz wrote:
    > Compiled a 2.6.2 kernel, and I can't get itto boot. It always gives me
    > that
    > Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root fs stuff!! I have tried pretyy
    > much all I can and I all Know! Can Anyone help me out.

    I've had the same problem. I'm trying to boot from a SATA drive, and it worked on my first 2.6.2 kernel compilation, but
    not on my largely trimmed down one. I'm trying to figure out what specific setting makes it work/not work. Help would be
    appreciated greatly.

+ Reply to Thread