audio output problem - Help

This is a discussion on audio output problem - Help ; hi, i have installed red hat 9 on my machine. it do not produce any sound. application like shell, vim do not produces beep on error. when i try to run vlc ( Video Lan media player) it gives me ...

  1. audio output problem

    hi,
    i have installed red hat 9 on my machine.

    it do not produce any sound. application like shell, vim do not
    produces beep on error.

    when i try to run vlc ( Video Lan media player) it gives me following
    error.
    audio output error: can not open audio device (/dev/dsp)

    it does not work even if i login as root.
    any suggestions???
    thanks in advance,
    saurabh

  2. Re: audio output problem

    saurabh posted on Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:49:24 -0800:

    > hi,
    > i have installed red hat 9 on my machine.
    >
    > it do not produce any sound. application like shell, vim do not produces
    > beep on error.
    >
    > when i try to run vlc ( Video Lan media player) it gives me following
    > error.
    > audio output error: can not open audio device (/dev/dsp)
    >
    > it does not work even if i login as root. any suggestions???

    Run the redhat-config-soundcard application.

    Turn up the volume level(s); $ aumix

    --
    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

+ Reply to Thread