spamassassin redhat 9 - Help

This is a discussion on spamassassin redhat 9 - Help ; Hi, I need help getting spamassassin to learn my mailbox. I've installed redhat 9 with spamassassin. but there is no 'sa-learn' script that I can call on my system. How do I tell spamassassin whats spam or not ? thx ...

  1. spamassassin redhat 9

    Hi,

    I need help getting spamassassin to learn my mailbox.
    I've installed redhat 9 with spamassassin.
    but there is no 'sa-learn' script that I can call on my system.

    How do I tell spamassassin whats spam or not ?

    thx Michael

    Groetjenz,

    Mickey
    --
    #### gewoan skrieve su ast ut seist ####

  2. Re: spamassassin redhat 9

    > I've installed redhat 9 with spamassassin.
    > but there is no 'sa-learn' script that I can call on my system.
    >
    > How do I tell spamassassin whats spam or not ?

    You need to get a newer version of spamassassin. The one that RedHat
    provides is ancient. Go to spamassassin.org and get version 2.60. I've
    installed it on RedHat 8 boxes and it works flawlessly: it doesn't need any
    special RedHat patching or whatever. I think I just built it in /usr instead
    of /usr/local.

  3. Re: spamassassin redhat 9

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:53:57 -0800, "Durk van Veen"
    wrote:

    >> I've installed redhat 9 with spamassassin.
    >> but there is no 'sa-learn' script that I can call on my system.
    >>
    >> How do I tell spamassassin whats spam or not ?

    >You need to get a newer version of spamassassin. The one that RedHat
    >provides is ancient. Go to spamassassin.org and get version 2.60. I've
    >installed it on RedHat 8 boxes and it works flawlessly: it doesn't need any
    >special RedHat patching or whatever. I think I just built it in /usr instead
    >of /usr/local.

    I think 2.61 or 2.62 is current now... and there are a dozen optional
    rule sets available from the wiki. You should look into the
    spamassassin mailing list too, but it's VERY high volume.

    Mike-

    Mornings: Evolution in action. Only the grumpy will survive.