What do I do with all those "leftover" CDROMS ? - Help

This is a discussion on What do I do with all those "leftover" CDROMS ? - Help ; What should I do with the CDROMS that come with the hardware I install when I refurbish a computer and install Linux? It does me no good to keep them, as they usually won't run on my Win95 system. Giving ...

  1. What do I do with all those "leftover" CDROMS ?

    What should I do with the CDROMS that come with the hardware I install
    when I refurbish a computer and install Linux? It does me no good to
    keep them, as they usually won't run on my Win95 system. Giving them
    to the new owner may confuse them ("If I don't need these, why are you
    giving them to me?").

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thank you

    Richard L. Dery

  2. Re: What do I do with all those "leftover" CDROMS ?

    Richard L. Dery wrote:

    > What should I do with the CDROMS that come with the hardware I install
    > when I refurbish a computer and install Linux? It does me no good to
    > keep them, as they usually won't run on my Win95 system. Giving them
    > to the new owner may confuse them ("If I don't need these, why are you
    > giving them to me?").
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Richard L. Dery

    Err, how about you throw them away. Or recycle them if your community does
    that. Or use them as drink coasters. If theres education software, maybe
    donate it to a local school. If not, just throw them away.

    Jesus didn't just save the world, He made weekly offsite backups.

  3. Re: What do I do with all those "leftover" CDROMS ?

    On 2004-02-06, M2@M wrote:
    > Err, how about you throw them away. Or recycle them if your community does
    > that. Or use them as drink coasters. If theres education software, maybe
    > donate it to a local school. If not, just throw them away.

    Yeah, I know that throwing them away is an option. I wonder if a school has
    a need for CD burning software

    Now that I've thought about it, handing them over to Goodwill might be a
    good idea.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Dick Dery

  4. Re: What do I do with all those "leftover" CDROMS ?

    On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 07:28:06 +0000, Richard L. Dery wrote:

    > On 2004-02-06, M2@M wrote:
    >> Err, how about you throw them away. Or recycle them if your community does
    >> that. Or use them as drink coasters. If theres education software, maybe
    >> donate it to a local school. If not, just throw them away.

    > Yeah, I know that throwing them away is an option. I wonder if a school has
    > a need for CD burning software
    >
    > Now that I've thought about it, handing them over to Goodwill might be a
    > good idea.
    >
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Dick Dery

    Think tax-deductions for donations at original market price.

    HTH

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread