startx problem - Help

This is a discussion on startx problem - Help ; hello, I have redhat 9 installed on my machine. startx fails with the following error. Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list! Fatal server error: coult not open default font 'fixed' please help me out. thanks in ...

  1. startx problem

    hello,
    I have redhat 9 installed on my machine. startx fails with the
    following error.

    Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!

    Fatal server error:
    coult not open default font 'fixed'

    please help me out.

    thanks in advance,
    saurabh

  2. Re: startx problem

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:46:24 -0800, sbjoshi@iitb.ac.in (saurabh) wrote in
    message news::

    http://snipurl.com/4apd

    --
    Lurlean Lie #4:
    When [curtsybear] has a problem he turns to either "Loving Someone Gay" or "The

  3. Re: startx problem

    saurabh wrote:

    > Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
    >
    > Fatal server error:
    > coult not open default font 'fixed'

    It means you need to (re)start the X Font Server. /tmp may need cleaned
    out.

    --
    Cameron Kerr
    cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/

  4. Re: startx problem

    hi cameron,
    thanks for helping me out. actually somebody changed the permission
    of /tmp directory.

    thanks again,
    saurabh

+ Reply to Thread