This is a discussion on previous installed Linux need to move to another machine? - Help ; Hi, I had an installed Mandraked9.1 Linux on one machine and like to moved it to another machine. I checked the messages output and it seems to look into the previous machine's /etc/modules.conf to configure the new mahcine. The result ...

    I had an installed Mandraked9.1 Linux on one machine and like to
    moved it to another machine. I checked the messages output and it
    seems to look into the previous machine's /etc/modules.conf to
    configure the new mahcine. The result was linux unable to configure
    the new machine hardwares such as the etho, vedio card etc.

    What is the required changed in order to use the pre-installed linux
    to the new hardware system?

    Thanks for helping in advance

    - Mike

  2. Re: previous installed Linux need to move to another machine?

    On 4 Feb 2004 18:32:25 -0800, Mike wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I had an installed Mandraked9.1 Linux on one machine and like to
    > moved it to another machine. I checked the messages output and it
    > seems to look into the previous machine's /etc/modules.conf to
    > configure the new mahcine. The result was linux unable to configure
    > the new machine hardwares such as the etho, vedio card etc.
    >
    > What is the required changed in order to use the pre-installed linux
    > to the new hardware system?

    Would depend on what hardware is different. You might try doing a
    rpm -Va | grep '..5' > /tmp/verify
    to see what files changed during configuration/install.

+ Reply to Thread