Newbie: Convert IP address from unsigned int to dot notation? - Help

This is a discussion on Newbie: Convert IP address from unsigned int to dot notation? - Help ; Hi, Is there a routine I can call to convert an IP address from an unsigned int to a dotted string? Thanks, Molina...

  1. Newbie: Convert IP address from unsigned int to dot notation?

    Hi,

    Is there a routine I can call to convert an IP address from an
    unsigned int to a dotted string?

    Thanks,
    Molina

  2. Re: Newbie: Convert IP address from unsigned int to dot notation?

    Molina wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a routine I can call to convert an IP address from an
    > unsigned int to a dotted string?

    man inet_ntop

    Also, you might want to Google for Beej (it'll be the first hit). Its a
    very good starting point.

    --
    Cameron Kerr
    cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/

  3. Re: Newbie: Convert IP address from unsigned int to dot notation?

    Thanks very much.

    Cameron Kerr wrote in message news:<4021bea2@news.maxnet.co.nz>...
    > Molina wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is there a routine I can call to convert an IP address from an
    > > unsigned int to a dotted string?

    > man inet_ntop
    >
    > Also, you might want to Google for Beej (it'll be the first hit). Its a
    > very good starting point.

+ Reply to Thread