Xine crashes in Fullscreen mode. - Help

This is a discussion on Xine crashes in Fullscreen mode. - Help ; Hey all, I've got a problem with gxine crashing in fullscreen mode while playing a video file or DVD. It plays both video files and DVDs just fine while not in full screen mode. I'm running KDE on Gentoo under ...

  1. Xine crashes in Fullscreen mode.

    Hey all,

    I've got a problem with gxine crashing in fullscreen mode while
    playing a video file or DVD. It plays both video files and DVDs just
    fine while not in full screen mode.

    I'm running KDE on Gentoo under 2.6. I'm using the gxine front end to
    xine.

    Has anyone encountered a similar problem and solved it? Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Xine crashes in Fullscreen mode.

    Zubin wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I've got a problem with gxine crashing in fullscreen mode while
    > playing a video file or DVD. It plays both video files and DVDs just
    > fine while not in full screen mode.
    >
    > I'm running KDE on Gentoo under 2.6. I'm using the gxine front end to
    > xine.
    >
    > Has anyone encountered a similar problem and solved it? Any
    > suggestions would be appreciated.

    Open a terminal. Type the command for gxine (probably 'gxine'). Make it
    crash.

    Post the error message.

    --
    Ben M.

    ----------------
    What are Software Patents for?

    What do Software Patents do?
    big legal departments as they:
    years of harassment).

    before its too late.

    ----------------

  3. Re: Xine crashes in Fullscreen mode.

    > Open a terminal. Type the command for gxine (probably 'gxine'). Make it
    > crash.
    >
    > Post the error message.
    >
    > --
    > Ben M.

    Thanks for the reply.

    The message is simply "Killed" not even really an error.

    Nothing else at all.

  4. Re: Xine crashes in Fullscreen mode.

    I've recompiled xine libraries and gxine and it still happens.

    What could be sending the kill signal that only happens in full screen mode?
    BTW: i use xine-dvdnav plugin as well.

    zubinmadon@stanford.edu (Zubin) wrote in message news:<5ae222ae.0402041836.4145e96d@posting.google.com>...
    > > Open a terminal. Type the command for gxine (probably 'gxine'). Make it
    > > crash.
    > >
    > > Post the error message.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ben M.

    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > The message is simply "Killed" not even really an error.
    >
    > Nothing else at all.

+ Reply to Thread