Noatun and Streaming Audio - Help

This is a discussion on Noatun and Streaming Audio - Help ; I've been tinkering with noatun but have not yet found anyplace in the various config scripts or the config where I can get it to play icecast, and other streaming music data. For instance, I check into www.epitonic.com and click ...

  1. Noatun and Streaming Audio

    I've been tinkering with noatun but have not yet found anyplace in the
    various config scripts or the config where I can get it to play icecast,
    and other streaming music data. For instance, I check into
    www.epitonic.com and click on the play button. Noatun shows in the title
    window that is is receiving from www.epitonic.com, Then the title goes
    away and the info box in the lower left screen goes from www.epitonic.com
    to the characters [-] (brace dash brace). The noatun site and the kde
    help pages give no guidance to this particular problem. A search of
    Google reveals only a few topical messages about noatun but none on
    streams.

    I really like to listen to streamed music ... any ideas?

    TIA

    Dave

  2. Re: Noatun and Streaming Audio

    CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
    > I've been tinkering with noatun but have not yet found anyplace in the
    > various config scripts or the config where I can get it to play icecast,
    > and other streaming music data. For instance, I check into
    > www.epitonic.com and click on the play button. Noatun shows in the title
    > window that is is receiving from www.epitonic.com, Then the title goes
    > away and the info box in the lower left screen goes from www.epitonic.com
    > to the characters [-] (brace dash brace). The noatun site and the kde
    > help pages give no guidance to this particular problem. A search of
    > Google reveals only a few topical messages about noatun but none on
    > streams.
    >
    > I really like to listen to streamed music ... any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dave

    Can you play streaming music from any other website?

    --
    Ben M.

    What are Software Patents for?

    What do Software Patents do?