logitech mx 700 - Help

This is a discussion on logitech mx 700 - Help ; Does anyone know how to enable back/forward buttons of mx700 or any other mouse? I can use the wheel but I can not use the other buttons. Omer...

  1. logitech mx 700

    Does anyone know how to enable back/forward buttons of mx700 or any other
    mouse?
    I can use the wheel but I can not use the other buttons.
    Omer

  2. Re: logitech mx 700

    omer.ozdil.1 wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to enable back/forward buttons of mx700 or any other
    > mouse?
    > I can use the wheel but I can not use the other buttons.
    > Omer

    First you X support for the buttons:

    'man /usr/X11R6/man/man4/mouse.4.gz':
    Option "Buttons" "integer"
    Specifies the number of mouse buttons. In cases where the number of
    buttons cannot be auto-detected, the default value is 3.

    So you need the following in your /etc/XF86Config:
    --BEGIN--
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Logitech MX700"
    Driver "mouse"

    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Buttons" "8"
    EndSection
    --END--

    Now you need application support for the buttons. This obviously varies
    from app to app so I can't say much about this here, other than you need
    to 'bind' the mouse button to an application function.

    --
    Ben M.

    What are Software Patents for?

    What do Software Patents do?