PAM Question - Help

This is a discussion on PAM Question - Help ; I added the following ling to /etc/pam.d/passwd password required pam_cracklib.so retry=3 now when you do passwd it does the new password and re-enter newpassword lines two times? Is this correct? the passwd file looks like this auth required pam_stack.so service=system-auth ...

  1. PAM Question

    I added the following ling to /etc/pam.d/passwd

    password required pam_cracklib.so retry=3

    now when you do passwd it does the new password and re-enter newpassword
    lines two times? Is this correct?

    the passwd file looks like this

    auth required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
    account required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
    password required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
    password required pam_cracklib.so retry=3

  2. Re: PAM Question

    Ed Stankevich wrote:

    > auth required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
    > account required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
    > password required pam_stack.so service=system-auth

    Comment out this password line, that's where your duplicity is coming
    from.

    Replace it with this line, which you already have.

    --
    Cameron Kerr
    cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/

+ Reply to Thread