Help! Mandrake on Aptiva no sound - Help

This is a discussion on Help! Mandrake on Aptiva no sound - Help ; Hi all, I am new at Linux. I installed Mandrake 9.2 on an IBM Aptiva that I think has an integrated sound system on it. I am having problems getting any sound. 333mHz AMD CPU. Any help here would be ...

  1. Help! Mandrake on Aptiva no sound

    Hi all,
    I am new at Linux. I installed Mandrake 9.2 on an IBM Aptiva that I think
    has an integrated sound system on it. I am having problems getting any
    sound. 333mHz AMD CPU.

    Any help here would be appreciated.

    Craven

  2. Re: Help! Mandrake on Aptiva no sound

    First you have to find out what sound card or sound chip they installed in
    that computer. You may find that in the manual or online. Or you may have
    to open up the computer to find out. If you're not used to this I suggest
    you find a friend who is or look up "Building a computer" on google. Once
    you know that then you can look up the driver. I'll give you a couple of
    links to try. If they don't work try searching google.

    http://www.opensound.com/linux.html
    http://www.alsa-project.org/

    "Craven" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I am new at Linux. I installed Mandrake 9.2 on an IBM Aptiva that I think
    > has an integrated sound system on it. I am having problems getting any
    > sound. 333mHz AMD CPU.
    >
    > Any help here would be appreciated.
    >
    > Craven

+ Reply to Thread