Pl Help! Unable to complete RH9 / Fedora Installs - Help

This is a discussion on Pl Help! Unable to complete RH9 / Fedora Installs - Help ; I've been trying to install RH9 Linux on my new Seagate HDD. Everytime the install fails complaining of a bad package (each time a different one). I tried to install Fedora too and the same thing happens. Sometimes the error ...

  1. Pl Help! Unable to complete RH9 / Fedora Installs

    I've been trying to install RH9 Linux on my new Seagate HDD. Everytime
    the install fails complaining of a bad package (each time a different
    one). I tried to install Fedora too and the same thing happens.
    Sometimes the error happens while reading from the second install CD.
    (pretty much random on where the error is encountered).

    Has anyone been seeing this issue and do you know how I can fix this?
    I've tried changing CDROM drives but to no avail. I really want to get
    Linux installed and going.. this is just downright frustrating. Please
    help! Thanks in advance.

    Kaushik

  2. Re: Pl Help! Unable to complete RH9 / Fedora Installs

    Kaushik wrote:
    > I've been trying to install RH9 Linux on my new Seagate HDD. Everytime
    > the install fails complaining of a bad package (each time a different
    > one). I tried to install Fedora too and the same thing happens.
    > Sometimes the error happens while reading from the second install CD.
    > (pretty much random on where the error is encountered).
    >
    > Has anyone been seeing this issue and do you know how I can fix this?
    > I've tried changing CDROM drives but to no avail. I really want to get
    > Linux installed and going.. this is just downright frustrating. Please
    > help! Thanks in advance.

    IIRC, there's an option at the start of the Fedore and Red Hat 9
    installs to test the CD media. Do your copies pass the check?

  3. Re: Pl Help! Unable to complete RH9 / Fedora Installs

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:08:36 -0600, Kaushik
    wrote:

    >I've been trying to install RH9 Linux on my new Seagate HDD. Everytime
    >the install fails complaining of a bad package (each time a different
    >one). I tried to install Fedora too and the same thing happens.
    >Sometimes the error happens while reading from the second install CD.
    >(pretty much random on where the error is encountered).
    >
    >Has anyone been seeing this issue and do you know how I can fix this?
    >I've tried changing CDROM drives but to no avail. I really want to get
    >Linux installed and going.. this is just downright frustrating. Please
    >help! Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Kaushik

    Is your new HD larger than 130 meg?

  4. Re: Pl Help! Unable to complete RH9 / Fedora Installs

    refv2@attbi.net wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:08:36 -0600, Kaushik
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I've been trying to install RH9 Linux on my new Seagate HDD. Everytime
    >>the install fails complaining of a bad package (each time a different
    >>one). I tried to install Fedora too and the same thing happens.
    >>Sometimes the error happens while reading from the second install CD.
    >>(pretty much random on where the error is encountered).
    >>
    >>Has anyone been seeing this issue and do you know how I can fix this?
    >>I've tried changing CDROM drives but to no avail. I really want to get
    >>Linux installed and going.. this is just downright frustrating. Please
    >>help! Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >>Kaushik
    >>

    > Is your new HD larger than 130 meg?

    I hope you meant 130 Gigs