Reading a Divx or DVD with Xine is extremly slow on my Linux Box - Help

This is a discussion on Reading a Divx or DVD with Xine is extremly slow on my Linux Box - Help ; Hi, I've got Linux Debian SID on a PIII800 with 384 Még of RAM. And when I want to see a DivX or DVD with Xine or VLC, it is much slower than on Windows 2000 with the same configuration. ...

  1. Reading a Divx or DVD with Xine is extremly slow on my Linux Box

    Hi,

    I've got Linux Debian SID on a PIII800 with 384 Még of RAM. And when I
    want to see a DivX or DVD with Xine or VLC, it is much slower than on
    Windows 2000 with the same configuration. I'm sure there is some stuff
    to set for having much speed than W2000 or more I should say. The
    video card is a ATI Radeon VE with TV Output. Have you got any advices
    to give to me ?

    Regards,
    Blured.

  2. Re: Reading a Divx or DVD with Xine is extremly slow on my LinuxBox

    denis wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got Linux Debian SID on a PIII800 with 384 Még of RAM. And when I
    > want to see a DivX or DVD with Xine or VLC, it is much slower than on
    > Windows 2000 with the same configuration. I'm sure there is some stuff
    > to set for having much speed than W2000 or more I should say. The
    > video card is a ATI Radeon VE with TV Output. Have you got any advices
    > to give to me ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Blured.

    1. Are you using the correct Radeon drivers?

    2. Are you using the correct AGP drivers?

    --
    Ben M.

    What are Software Patents for?

    What do Software Patents do?